03 Oct APPRECIATION
Appreciation is a feeling or expression of admiration, approval, or gratitude I want to express my appreciation for all you’ve done. a small token of our appreciation. Appreciation as many benefits, here are some benefits of practicing appreciation:
- Appreciation matters. Those who express appreciation with their partner are more committed to them and more likely to stay in the relationship.
- Those who are taught to savor their past or present have greater happiness than those who do not.
- You can spur appreciation by Imagining yourself not having a particular positive event occur in your life or consider: What would your life be like if you hadn’t met your partner? This strategy improves people’s positive emotions and well-being.
- Feeling and expressing gratitude toward your partner has been associated with stronger relationships, higher marital satisfaction, and greater willingness to share concerns in the relationship.
- Appreciation is not all positive. It can have negative effects as well, such as lowering one’s aspirations. If we spend all of our time being appreciative and content with the status quo, we draw attention away from future possibilities. A balance between aspiration and appreciation in your life.
- Be cautious when drawing comparisons. Attempting to foster appreciation by comparing yourself with others has been shown to boost both positive and negative emotions.